Saturday, June 21, 2008

Assateague Island Camping





Andrew, Steve's little brother came to visit us at the beginning of June. He graduated high school and we celebrated by taking a trip to the coast when he was here. We started out camping for 3 days at Assateague Island. It was pretty cool. We saw tons of wild horses and other wild life. We got to camp in the white sand and have campfires right next to the ocean in the evening. There was a little drawback, Mosquitoes Galore! I learned that mosquitoes are the worst after rain and with high temperatures, both of which were present a couple of days before we arrived. Bennett has at least 40 bites! So when you see him and you wonder if he has chicken pox, don't fret, he doesn't! Other than that what a wonderful time.



4 comments:

Ken, Kendra, & Kyson Nhep said...

Wow, it was good to hear from you--- it's been a few years! I can't even remember the last time I saw you. I think before I left for college in Bellingham. It was good to see your family as well. Congrats on expecting again. I have really enjoyed being pregnant (minus my bad morning sickness in the beginning). Have you kept in touch with anyone else? I came to Anchorage 4 years ago for Nursing school and met my husband Ken up here. We married in the Anchorage temple last Sept and by Dec were already expecting :o). Anyway... that's a quick update from me. Tell me more about what's been going on with you.

Darcie said...

Looks like you guys had fun!!! How are you feeling? I can't remember did you get sick with Bennett? how much school does steven have left? I miss you and wish we could see you guys!! Much luck!!

Giron Family said...

Camping at Assateague looks like fun! We are gonna have to try that sometime.
Congrats on the baby news! So exciting!

Ashlee said...

Yeah new pics. We so wish we could have come. I'm also so excited u posted about the BABY!!!! We couldnt be more excited for you guys... Love you tonx

About Me