Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Steve Started his Pediatric Rotation

Yesterday was the first day that Steven reported to York Hospital for his first ever actual rotation in Medical School. York is about an hour South of us here in Hershey. He is loving that he actually gets to get out of the classroom and help patients. He spends most of his days like this:

6am- Prerounds, not too sure what these are yet. I think he is assigned to certain patients that he checks on and then reports in to the resident or the attending doc.

8am- Classroom lecture

9am- Rounds, goes back to check on the patients for an hour.

10am- Back to the classroom

12pm- Lunch

1pm-5pm- Either inpatient or outpatient actually working in a clinic or in the hospital with the pediatric patients.

Sometimes he has On-Calls where he has to be there from 5pm-10pm, this is where he follows around the resident and just helps out with whatever is going on in the hospital.

Yesterday he was on-call and he got to see about 7 patients in the Emergency Department or "Room".

Steve is really happy to actually be putting into practice some of the things he has read about the past two years!

We are really excited for him! Even thought Bennett already hasn't seen Steve for about 2 days now. He was really sad when he woke up this morning and Daddy wasn't here. It was a little sad. But I guess welcome to the next 6+ years of our lives, I hear it only gets worse. Either way we love Daddy!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

BUSY BUSY. We will be thinking of you guys! Hopefully this long road ahead goes by pretty fast!

Unknown said...

6 years!!? Try the rest of our lives! :) What did we get ourselves into?

Kelley Flint said...

Yeah, I'm with Mel on this one.

Hansen Family said...

I won't even talk about Resisdance:) Enjoy the next two years!!!!!!

Giron Family said...

Man, I thought Jarell's 7am-6pm (his commute is a hr each way) work day was bad.
I loved your magazine post about Cafe Rio. It's great you noticed that cup in the background. So funny. You know they probably asked where to eat here in SLC and they were told Cafe Rio! It's the best!

About Me